Monday, February 28, 2011

The First Step

     I don't know if people usually have only one or two dreams they work towards their whole life, or if they are like me, with a stream of dreams trickling into their consciousness. Since I was little, my dreams have been: scientist, veterinarian, teacher, painter, writer, doctor, to be beautiful, hippie, librarian, femme fatale, yogi, vegetarian chef,vegan chef, zen master, cyclist, activist, gardener, runner, Arabic translator, belly dancer... Some things came true in some way or another, some things weren't meant to be realized, and other things are in the process of being realized. 
     I feel it is about time to actualize an old dream that has always burned steadily, if not with passion: to be a writer. Writing will be the tool to help me carry out past, present and new dreams, whatever they may be. I am no longer afraid of confrontations, mistakes or failure, they are inevitable on the path to success. Tamora Pierce's novels helped me realize how I wanted to handle them - as a Lioness Rampant: courageous, strong, smart and beautiful. It is this image that I wear as I traverse the jungle that is life.  
     I do not know what may come next but I am content knowing I tried. 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment