Thursday, June 30, 2011

Try, try again.

Awake, I lie still. 
In the darkness I feel guilt.
Lazily, I pray.



     Since summer began I decided I would stall my studies, temporarily, and just dive into books on spirituality (among a few other genres). I've read convert stories, multiple books and articles on religion and many an author's explanation of religion's intricacies.
     The religions that I've taken an interest in are Islam and Buddhism. I have to admit that I am utterly in love with both. There is only one problem: I'm too lazy to meditate/pray. As a Catholic I'm used to simply saying a quick little prayer on the go, whether it be while I'm driving, while I'm getting ready for the day, etc. I'm not used to dedicating a specific part of my day to prayer/meditation. Yet I want to incorporate a special time to meditate/pray just as Muslims and Buddhists do. I think it will help me concentrate, reach God and work that good energy. 
     I have tried waking up at 5 A.M. just as everyone in the movies are shown to do but I can't get out of my bed! The closest I've come to meditating/praying at 5 A.M. in the morning was yesterday but all I could do was open my eyes, whisper a prayer and apology to God for being so lazy, and go back to sleep. I have also tried it late at night, right before going to sleep but I find that time to be problematic because I feel really sleepy and rush through the prayer/meditation...thats if I have enough energy left to go through with it. 
     I guess, like any other habit, practice makes perfect. If I do it enough it will start feeling more natural to me and I'll probably be able to actually get out of bed... I don't know. Some days I wish it were easier to become a Zen Master.
    If you have any tips, tricks or book recommendations please mention it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment